What Will a Good Email Marketing Process Provide?
If you are like most business owners, you want these things from your marketing programs: control, predictability, efficiency, and results that are PROVABLE with processes that can be automated, consistent, and persistent! What other forms of marketing, offline or online, provide all of those qualities?
With email marketing, the actions of your target market can be tracked and scored so that you know: when your email is opened and who opened it; if your prospect clicked on any of the links provided; if your prospective client or customer is ready to purchase your products, services or schedule an appointment; if they are not ready, you can capture their contact information so that you can build a relationship with them by educating them with valuable information that makes your business the first one they think of when they are ready. Why would your business want to maintain a relationship with someone who had not purchased from you? Look at this graphic provided for us by BottomLine Marketing:
We know from this marketing study that 88% of all sales efforts end at the third contact while 81% of all sales occur on the fourth contact or later. Why wouldn’t you want to build a long-term relationship with your contacts? What’s more, because the actions of your prospects are track-able and score-able, you will have the data necessary to determine which emails get opened more often than others, to determine which links are acted upon more often than others, to segment your lists so that the right message can target the right individual at the right time, and to provide an accurate return on your investment so that you know the points in your marketing funnel that are producing the best results deserving of more of your efforts. So, how does all of that data that you have collected help your business and your marketing efforts? In a case study reported to MarketingSherpa, Crowe-Horvath, a public accounting firm, employed lead nurturing, tracking and scoring for the very first time and achieved these results: a 75% to 80% open rate for nurturing emails and a 133% ROI in only 7 months of the program when the normal cycle is 12-18 months. You can see the entire case study at
On a broader scale, statistics assembled in 10 Amazing Lead Nurturing Statistics by Megan Leap for Online Marketing Institute would clearly indicate that as you nurture your leads you increase the quality of your leads and your opportunities for sales as people become more and more ready to purchase. Here’s what the sources’ research show:
- On average, organizations that nurture their leads experience a 45% lift in lead generation ROI over those organizations that do not. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Nurtured leads produce, on average, a 20% increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads. (Source: DemandGen Report)
- 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. Lack of lead nurturing is the common cause of this poor performance. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Companies with mature lead generation and management practices have a 9.3% higher sales quota achievement rate. (Source: CSO Insights)
- Lead nurturing emails get 4·1Ox the response rate compared to standalone email blasts. (Source: SilverPop/DemandGen Report)
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source: The Annuitas Group)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales ready leads at 33% lower (Source: Forrester Research)
- 61% of B2B marketers send all leads directly to sales: however, only 27% of those leads will be qualified. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% Increase in qualified leads. (Source: The Annuitas Group)
- About 56 percent of marketing automation users rated their demand generation performance as in line above or far above expectations. This compares with just 41 percent of non-marketing automation users. (Source: Software Advice 2012 B2B Demand Generation Benchmark Survey)
While continually feeding your marketing funnel with prospects obtained from other sources is important, the clear winner, when it comes to efficiently and effortlessly processing much higher quality of leads that are Ready, Willing and Able to buy, is automated email marketing that nurtures, tracks and scores leads.
Master Back End Marketer
24/7 Hi Octane Marketing
P.S. If you are not ready to talk with me and wish to receive more information, to download a free copy of our whitepaper “Lost Profits Hiding In Plain Sight! & How to Uncover Them” please “Click” on the Book cover icon.
P.P.S. If any questions come to mind , “Click” on the “Big Orange Button” below. I will follow up with you within 24 hours or less and provide you a series of videos designed to help “Promote Your Business Online”.